Sequel Pomegranate was established in 2008 as a residential treatment facility serving males and females referred for emergency shelter care, and teens referred to treatment by Franklin County Children Services. Pomegranate’s age range is 12 to 18. Sequel TSI Pomegranate residential is a secure facility with 70 beds over five wings. Ten of those beds are dedicated to serving females placed by the Ohio Department of Youth Services. There are two girl’s wings, Celso and Kennedy, and two boys wings, Kaufman and Sathappan.
In 2010, Pomegranate added a 20 bed acute hospital accredited by The Joint Commission for teens requiring intensive crisis care and treatment intervention who are referred by hospital emergency departments and counseling agencies state-wide.
Our residential treatment program utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy with a trauma-informed care approach. AOD [alcohol or drug] substance abuse counseling is also available. Treatment includes individual, group and family therapy; psycho-educational groups; basic living skills groups; medication monitoring; psychiatric and medical care; and milieu therapy. Schooling is offered on site through Lumin Academy with tutoring available through Columbus City Schools on site.
In this safe environment, students learn to express needs, feelings and goals and interact with peers and the therapeutic care team. Pomegranate offers strength-based programming as well as therapeutic art activities.
- Intensive Therapeutic Long-Term (4 to 6 month+) Program for Males and Females 12-18 years of age
- Emergency Shelter Care for stabilization for youth who have disrupted placement or removed from dysfunctional environment (30 day or less)
- Males & Females age 12 to 18 years old
- Full scale IQ above 70
- Non JSO
- Mental Health Conditions (DSM mood, anxiety and psychotic disorders)
- Behavioral Health Conditions (disruptive behaviors, maladaptive thought patterns, conduct, adjudicated)
WHOM DO WE SERVE?
Pomegranate treats mental health disorders, behavioral health disorders, teens referred to us in crisis with suicidal or homicidal ideation, or psychosis, teens in need of shelter care, or facing juvenile court charges. In our secure environment, treatment options include an integrative structured program featuring many opportunities to address specific client needs for healing through individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, art therapy, nursing and case management in a secure, residential treatment facility with medical/nursing care 24-7. Pomegranate is licensed and certified by The Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services and Accredited by The Joint Commission on Hospital Accreditation.
The mission of Pomegranate is to help children and adolescents and their families recover from the effects of mental illness, learn to care for themselves and each other; and achieve the highest possible quality of life in their homes and communities. Our core values include safety, trauma-informed care, a therapeutic milieu, strength-based services, self-sufficiency, education and permanency. The goal is to alleviate suffering, promote holistic development, and provide an enabling environment in which disenfranchised and traumatized children can thrive.
- We believe you should be treated with respect and treat others with respect.
- We believe we should not hurt one another.
- We believe that everyone should try to help each other as best they can.
- We will work to resolve our problems to help each other succeed in life.
- We believe everyone who comes here has the inner strength to help them through tough times in their lives.
- We believe everyone is able to take advantage of opportunities to grow physically, socially, and emotionally while here at Pomegranate.
- We welcome your thoughts on ways to improve your treatment here.
- We welcome family and support people that may aid in your ability to grow.
- We respect each other’s confidentiality.
Regular and special education programs are provided by Pomegranate’s education partner Lumin Academy. Education diagnostic and instructional services are offered both on-line in computerized classrooms and traditional paper and pencil modalities. Pomegranate strives to assure residents have the resources and tools required to master basic academic competencies, especially literacy. Teens receive accredited education when and where they need it. There is a classroom on each campus offering superior tailored education designed to help students succeed. Lumin Academy also includes a unit on martial arts, allowing teens to learn focus and concentration.
Additionally tutors from Columbus Public Schools are here to help teens succeed, to catch up in challenging subjects, to pass the GED. Providing tailored alternatives for students with special needs according to IEP. Some students may elect to be transported to their own school rather than attend on-site.