7500 Ricker Road
Jacksonville, FL 32244
For additional information or to make a referral, please contact:
The Duval Academy is a structured, non-secure residential treatment program that serves 28 males, ages 14 to 18, who have been adjudicated. Youth receive individual and group mental health services in addition to substance abuse counseling services. Select youth participate in “Thinking for Change” (T4C), an evidence-based curriculum that addresses cognitive and emotional needs. The program also provides the “Character Counts” curriculum, which addresses life skills, “Impact of Crime,” and restorative justice. These curricula help youth understand the impact criminal activities have on individuals, families and communities. All youth admitted should have approved judicial consent permitting off-site activities allowing participation in job searches and community restoration.
- Residential treatment for delinquent boys
- Substance abuse overlay service
- Mental Health services
- Group, Individual and Family Counseling Services
- Educational Services
- Vocational Planning
- Transitional and Discharge Services
- Evidenced Based programming
- Males, age 14-18 years old
- Is impulsive/irresponsible
- Substance Abuse issues
- Denies and/or justifies negative behavior
- Has problems with anger and aggression
- Demonstrates a low degree of empathy
- Lacks self-discipline
- Exhibits poor coping skills
- Is non-compliant with authority
- Is amenable to a normative culture
WHOM DO WE SERVE?
The youth served by Duval Academy are typically youth with high risk behavioral problems. They struggle with behavioral issues, anger management and positive coping skills to handle stress. Duval Academy provides them with evidenced based services, programming and behavior management that assists them in developing into responsible young men before returning to the community.