Pompano Youth Treatment Center
Pompano Youth Treatment Center is a non-secure facility that provides specialized treatment to 24 adolescent males that have been committed to the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. Pompano Youth Treatment Center is dedicated to excellence in providing substance abuse and mental health treatment to males between the ages of 13-18. The program prides itself in the use of evidenced based programming and behavior management that is reflective of the most current research. Pompano Youth Treatment Center excels in developing young men into productive individuals through the focus on family, morals, values, and healthy living. Through the course of six to nine months young men Pompano Youth Treatment Center at will receive specialized treatment for an array of behavior problems, mental health and substance abuse services, educational and vocational services, and comprehensive transitional and discharge planning. Our mission is to maintain safety in the community through effective holistic treatment of the youth. This is achieved through the use of a positive peer culture that fosters respect, individuality, and enhances the strengths of each young man that it serves.
- Residential treatment for delinquent boys
- Substance abuse overlay service
- Mental Health services
- Group, Individual and Family Counseling Services
- Educational Services
- Vocational Planning
- Transitional and Discharge Services
- Evidenced Based programming
- Males, age 13-18 years old
- Is impulsive/irresponsible
- Substance Abuse issues
- Denies and/or justifies negative behavior
- Has problems with anger and aggression
- Demonstrates a low degree of empathy
- Lacks self-discipline
- Exhibits poor coping skills
- Is non-compliant with authority
- Is amenable to a normative culture
Whom Do We Serve?
The youth served by Pompano Youth Treatment Center are typically youth with high risk behavioral problems. They struggle with behavioral issues, anger management and positive coping skills to handle stress. Pompano Youth Treatment Center provides them with evidenced based services, programming and behavior management that assists them in developing into responsible young men before returning to the community.