Normative Services Academy
Normative Services Academy is a Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited program offering adolescent residential treatment to youth from multiple states on our 300-acre facility in the foothills of the Big Horn Mountains near Sheridan, Wyoming. Since 1990, our mission is to help adolescents with emotional, social, and behavioral problems to become better equipped to reclaim their potential through experiential activities, education, and therapy. With our primary focus on student safety, accountability, responsibility, and respect, Normative Services has gained a reputation for providing innovative programming and treatment for our clients and customers. Normative is licensed by the Wyoming Department of Family Services, Wyoming Department of Health's Mental Health and Substance Abuse Division and the Wyoming Department of Education.
- Residential treatment for boys ages 13 to 17 years old.
- Residential treatment for girls ages 13 to 17 years old.
- Intensive substance abuse certified by CASAT ASAM levels 3.1 and 3.5
- 24/7 programming including, recreation, interscholastic athletics, arts and humanities, and community services.
- Accredited school with transferrable credits.
- On campus medical, psychiatric, and psychological services.
- Individual, group, and family therapy.
- Transportation and travel assistance.
- Educational, psychological, and psychiatric evaluations.
- Speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, or physical therapy.
- Case planning.
- Transitional services.
- Post discharge support.
Student Profile for residential treatment
- Females and males, ages 13-17 years old.
- Full-scale IQ above 70.
- The child is unable to function appropriately in his/her community.
- The child has treatment issues requiring therapeutic intervention.
- The child cannot attend public school.
- The child is responsive to peer pressure.
For additional information or to make a referral, please contact: