Mountain Home Academy
Sequel TSI of Idaho's Mountain Home Academy is a sixty-bed therapeutic residential treatment center for adjudicated and non-adjudicated adolescent males, ages 10-18 with sexually maladaptive behavior problems. The campus includes a six-bed dorm for students with Neurodevelopmental Disorders whom also exhibit sexually maladaptive behaviors.
Mountain Home Academy's clinical team utilizes a balanced & restorative justice approach in treating the mind, body and spirit of each student. Our program utilizes Pathways: A Guided Workbook for Youth Beginning Treatment, Footprints: Steps to a Healthy Life and/or Roadmaps to Recovery incorporated in a holistic approach with Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Clinical interventions focus on changing destructive, deviant patterns of thought and in turn the behaviors related to those thought processes. Students participate in individual, group, and family therapy, focusing on their sexual behavior problems, as they progress toward graduation. Early stages of treatment emphasize accountability, responsibility and victim empathy. Later stages of treatment integrate a restorative justice approach as the student works through clarification (when appropriate) and relapse prevention planning in preparation for community reintegration.
All students at Mountain Home Academy are part of a community that promotes a Normative Culture System utilizing a Group Guided Interaction (GGI) method. In this system, conformity is achieved largely via commonly accepted group norms collectively endorsed and enforced by all program participants. A level system based on weekly ratings and related rules enforced by trained staff also provide additional support and structure for students in the program.
Residential Treatment Center
- 24-hour supervision in a staff-secure therapeutic setting for moderate- to high-risk students
- Specialized Sexual Behavior Treatment Group Therapy; 8 hours weekly
- Individual and family therapy sessions facilitated by licensed masters-level therapists certified in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT) and by The Association for Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
- Substance Use Psycho-Education
- Onsite medical services
- Onsite accredited education services to include;
- High school diploma or GED
- Special education
Typical students admitted to Mountain Home Academy have sexually maladaptive behavior problems; have serious emotional disturbance and/or learning disorders. Students typically struggle with issues such as a low degree of empathy for others, impulsivity, mismanagement of anger control and aggression, irresponsibility, negative behavior denial/justification, self-reinforced antisocial values and behaviors, lack of self-discipline, and noncompliance with authority.
- Males, 10-18 years old
- Sexually maladaptive behaviors
- May have a Neurodevelopmental Disorder
- May have low cognitive functioning and special needs
- IQ 70 or higher (case by case as needed)
- Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED)
- Mental Health Disorders
- Bi-Polar, Conduct, Oppositional Defiant, PTSD, ADHD, Substance Abuse
- Academic underachievement or may have Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Lacks prosocial skills
- Adjudicated and non-adjudicated students served
For additional information or to make a referral, please contact:
Kelly J. Stone MS, MBA
Phone: 208-587-2679 Ext. 203