In 2002, Capital Academy began operations in Trenton, New Jersey, as a residential treatment facility for 24 adolescent males. As the program began to expand, Capital Academy moved to the current location in Camden, NJ in 2006. Over the years, the program has continued to grow in the services provided to the student population, offering a wide array of clinical treatment strategies, vocational and educational opportunities and a host of allied therapies. In 2007 The Joint Commission issued an Accreditation as a Behavioral Health Care facility. Capital Academy is licensed as a 60 bed Residential Treatment Facility by The New Jersey Office of Licensing.
Capital Academy recently received re-accreditation as a Behavioral Health Care Organization by The Joint Commission, and continues to operate under an approved license for 60 beds by the New Jersey Office of Licensing as a Residential Child Care Facility. The Children's System of Care (CSOS), under the New Jersey Department of Children and Families contracts specialty care beds (SPEC Level) with Capital Academy.
Capital Academy provides students with an opportunity to realize their full potential and special gifts within them and ways to highlight these attributes through successful completion of their clinical goals.
- Capital Academy provides clinical, residential and educational services for male adolescents in a safe, structured environment.
- Capital Academy offers a diverse staff with a Bi-Lingual Therapist and several Bi-Lingual staff members.
- A wide array of clinical services is provided in our specialty groups including Fire Safety and Prevention, Sex Specific Therapy, Grief and Loss Therapy, Anger Management, and Self-Sufficiency.
- Students also participate in individual and core group sessions.
- Our students attend school at the Lumberton Campus of the Burlington County Special Services School District which offers an academic and vocational curriculum.
- Our Medical Director and Clinical Director are contracted through Cooper University Hospital and we offer pediatric care on sight.
- Students also have the opportunity to transition to our Community Based Homes based on their meeting treatment goals.
- Students will have involvement with the Children's System of Care.
- Our typical student has multiple mental health issues and has experienced previous involvement with the behavioral health state systems prior to placement.
- Students must be between 14.5 and 18 years of age upon admission.
Whom Do We Serve?
- Male adolescents who require therapeutic interventions utilizing individual, group and family sessions to assist in making appropriate decisions.
- Youth who require therapeutic, academic and social skill interventions that assist in personal growth.
For additional information or to make a referral, please contact:
Donald Christiano, MEd.
Phone: 856-635-0200 Ext. 127
Joseph Dunham, MA
Director of Admissions
Phone: 856-635-0200 Ext. 125